Tuesday

Avocado God Sauce

A•vo•ca•do Cre•ma: Good dip, spread or topping for most Mexican foods.

Essentially we're making an over glorified sour cream.

Origins: We fell in love with the Avocado Crema when we first found it atop a local Tucson Original's nacho during happiest of hours. And we decided we wanted an alternative salsa for our Tostada night... so we whipped up our own version using 4 ingredients:

1.5 avocados
1 cup of Crema Fresca (a Southwestern, Mexican equivalent to Sour Cream)
half a lime
pinch of salt


Put the avocado, fresh squeezed lime juice and pinch of salt into the bowl and mash into smooth consistency.


Stir in Crema Fresca.

Serving Size: 14 (2 tsp servings) at 95 calories a piece. Can we just say though, you shouldn't consume yourselves with calorie counting. It's more about making sure you acquire the right vitamins, minerals, proteins AND complex carbohydrates than eating less food.

PLUS avocado is one of the SUPER FOODS! It contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, which means you get added cardiovascular health and brain development. As well as moisture and even texture in your hair and skin!

So, basically we want to date an avocado.


Rex Agrees.

L-word,
Hank and Laura

1 comment:

  1. Hey..Where is everybody?? Can someone turn on Animal Planet? I am so bored.... I have nothing to do but lick my own balls. OMG Where are my balls? I know I used to have some..... Oooh is that a bird? Does this scarf make my butt look big?

    ReplyDelete